Amazon runs a highly successful Events program, offering customers compelling and exciting promotions during large-scale tentpole events (e.g. Diwali sale, Prime Day), and other high velocity sale events (Great Freedom/Republic/Summer Sale). We are looking for a talented, smart and entrepreneurial leader to grow these large scale events in a manner that is cost-effective, yet delivering increasing value to our customers. Reporting into the IN Events team, you will be a key driver of Amazon’s pivot towards sustainable growth, by working with stakeholders across Marketing, Operations, Finance, Payment Offers, Customer Service, 3rd party relations (and more) to continue to evolve our Events strategy to build compelling offers and experiences for customers at efficient cost to Amazon. In this role you will work directly with teams across Amazon to build the right go-to market strategy, develop an experimentation charter and finalize key inputs to re-think the way we run our Events.
You will be the primary owner for driving the strategic direction of all such Events over the next 3 year horizon, thinking first principles and also be responsible for communicating progress at various levels in the organization. You will help to establish a measurable mechanism towards achievement of goals, set up scalable processes/automation to improve overall efficiency.
The ideal candidate will bring a sharp analytical mind, have strong marketing as well as program management skills, be able to influence senior stakeholders across the organization and roll up his/her sleeves to get things done. He/she has to have a customer-oriented and cost-saving mindset and must have a strong track record of handling a radical experimentation plan across workstreams.
About the team
You will be part of the IN Events team, reporting to the IN Events lead. You will work alongside individual Event leads to oversee and drive your initiatives. You will work with multiple large stakeholder teams across Categories, Bank partnerships, Finance, Operations and more to develop both marketing and product charters.
Key job responsibilities:
- Single threaded owner to re-think and develop a winning customer proposition (offers, supporting products, SLAs) for Events to drive the mid to long term strategic vision.
- Own and develop the product and experimentation charter to affect big changes to the way we create Events CX, continuously measuring progress along the way, driving north-star goals by influencing customer behavior.
- Re-evaluate and align stakeholders on the right Page 0 metrics (customer funnel and progression metrics), in line with our long-term vision for customers across every experience lever, so as to improve these event-on-event.
- Develop the end-to-end vision for how event experiences and process must pivot, drive cross-org and leadeship alignment to build the right products, experiences and service levels to achieve long-term strategic goals.
- Develop the Events P&L scorecard in partnership with Finance stakeholders, to track and improve event-on-event.
- Develop a strong monetization proposition (via new experiences, properties and marketable assets) to improve ecosystem funding into Events.
- Benchmark across marketplaces and competitors to establish guidelines and best practices, comprehending and assimilating the workings of multiple workstreams to create a consolidated and coherent picture.
- Compile and analyze experimentation ideas for every workstream that impacts Events, and present these to senior leadership to drive key decision-making.
- Bengaluru, KA, IND
- 7+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
- Experience communicating results to stakeholders
- Experience guiding creative input, development and execution from concept to completion
- Experience with creating GTM initiatives at scale
- Experience working cross-functionally across marketing, product management, analytics, UX, and research