GlowRoad is a social commerce marketplace that allows suppliers to sell their products to end customers via resellers in over 20,000 pin codes across 2,000 locations. Resellers, who are often housewives, temporary workers, or students, help the company target Tier II and III markets. GlowRoad was acquired by Amazon in April 2022. We target to grow rapidly while also focusing on long-term sustainability in the next few years. This is an unique opportunity to build for Bharat and be part of the rocketship.
About the Role:
GlowRoad is looking for a Senior Category Manager to own and drive scale-up of categories and critical customer-focused initiatives. There are Category Managers (CMs) in the team who own their respective portfolio. These CMs will report into this person.
The person who joins this team must share our passion and commitment for serving resellers while also making GlowRoad a preferred partner for low ASP unbranded suppliers. S/he must be able to balance thinking big, working with ambiguity while driving speed of experimentation. We are looking for self-starters with strong analytical skills and result-orientation who can make and execute independent, data-driven decisions and work with stakeholders across functions.
The successful candidate for this critical role will have strengths in independent problem-solving and working around constraints, demonstrate great “voice” and strong writing skills, show strong ownership and persistence, lead a team to deliver org goals, have proven leadership experience in managing projects, and be comfortable with evolving structure in a new space.
Key job responsibilities:
- Some of the key metrics that will be owned by the person include pricing, selection and GMS.
- Bangalore, KA, IND
- 6+ years of account management, project or program management or buying experience
- Experience using data to influence business decisions
- Experience driving internal cross-team collaboration
- Experience with business analysis and P&L management
- Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
- Experience presenting to senior leadership