Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. We are seeking creative, goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial people to join our exciting and fast-paced team.
The India Consumables Marketing Team is looking for a customer obsessed, result-oriented Marketing Manager to shape events for Amazon Consumables.
Our mission is to create a world-class experience where customers will discover, research, and buy from the largest selection of products in India.
We are looking for a talented, smart and entrepreneurial Marketing Manager who will be responsible for defining our events strategy, will own the events calendar and will drive awareness and customer participation across these programs.
In this role you will work directly with teams across Amazon to build the right go-to-market strategy, develop key marketing inputs and handle end to end execution of the events. The Events Manager is also responsible for the design, management and ongoing optimization of our daily deals program and also monitor & scale them during large scale events, including Diwali and Prime Day.
The events manager would also be responsible dive deep and provide insights to category teams pre/ during events to optimize inputs.
He/she will be a key driver for sustainable events growth by working with stakeholders across Marketing, Category, Operations, Finance, Payment Offers, Customer Service to continue to evolve our Events strategy to build compelling offers and experiences for customers at efficient cost to Amazon. In this role you will work directly with teams across Amazon to build the right go-to market strategy, develop an experimentation charter and finalize key inputs to re-think the way we run our Events.
The ideal candidate will bring a sharp analytical mind, have strong marketing as well as program management skills, be able to influence senior stakeholders across the organization and roll up his/her sleeves to get things done. He/she has to have a customer-oriented and cost-saving mindset and must have a strong track record of handling a radical experimentation plan across workstreams.
- Develop the end-to-end vision for how event experiences and process must pivot, drive cross-org and leadership alignment to build the right experiences and service levels to achieve long-term strategic goals.
- Develop the Events P&L scorecard in partnership with Finance stakeholders, to track and improve event-on-event.
- Benchmark across marketplaces and competitors to establish guidelines and best practices, comprehending and assimilating the workings of multiple workstreams to create a consolidated and coherent picture.
- Compile and analyze experimentation ideas for every workstream that impacts Events, and present these to senior leadership to drive key decision-making.
- Strategy presentation to senior leadership
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own marketing calendar for all Consumables category teams & develop robust processes for smooth execution of these events
- Single threaded owner for all key events across Consumables categories. This person will be responsible for marketing owned events and raising the bar on customer deals and event experience for all big sale events.
- End to end program management to ensure smooth execution of events
- Developing and executing new ideas for driving engagement during events
- Compile, analyze, and present performance metrics and enlighten potential opportunities for program & event growth
- Long term planning and development of strategy for the Events & Deals programs
- Establishing guidelines and best practices across teams
- Bengaluru, KA, IND
- 5+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- 7+ years of developing and managing acquisition marketing or channel programs experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience communicating results to stakeholders
- Experience developing and executing campaigns across a multitude of timezones and languages
- Experience driving direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams and agency partners
- Experience designing and executing joint marketing plans with strategic alliance partners with global footprint