Amazon IN Platform Development team is looking to hire a rock star Data/BI Engineer to build for pan Amazon India businesses.
Amazon India is at the core of hustle @ Amazon WW today and the team is charted with democratizing data access for the entire marketplace & add productivity. That translates to owning the processing of every Amazon India transaction, for which the team is organized to have dedicated business owners & processes for each focus area. The BI Engineer will play a key role in contributing to the success of each focus area, by partnering with respective business owners and leveraging data to identify areas of improvement & optimization. He / She will build deliverables like business process automation, payment behavior analysis, campaign analysis, fingertip metrics, failure prediction etc. that provide edge to business decision making AND can scale with growth. The role sits in the sweet spot between technology and business worlds AND provides opportunity for growth, high business impact and working with seasoned business leaders.
Someone with sound technical background in data domain – storage / processing / analytics, has solid business acumen and a automation / solution oriented thought process. Will be a self-starter who can start with a business problem and work backwards to conceive & devise best possible solution. Is a great communicator and at ease on partnering with business owners and other internal / external teams. Can explore newer technology options, if need be, and has a high sense of ownership over every deliverable by the team. Is constantly obsessed with customer delight & business impact / end result and ‘gets it done’ in business time.
Key job responsibilities:
- Design, implement and support an data infrastructure for analytics needs of large organization
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
- Be enthusiastic about building deep domain knowledge about Amazon’s business.
- Must possess verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoy working closely with your peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers.
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
- Bengaluru, KA, IND
- 1+ years of data engineering experience
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with data modeling, warehousing and building ETL pipelines
- Experience with one or more scripting language (e.g., Python, KornShell)
- Experience with big data technologies such as: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, EMR
- Experience with any ETL tool like, Informatica, ODI, SSIS, BODI, Datastage, etc.
- Knowledge of AWS Infrastructure