Flipkart is India’s largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 150 million. In the 10 years since we started, Flipkart has come to offer over 100 million products across 120+ categories including Smartphones, Books, Media, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Fashion and Lifestyle.
Launched in October 2007, Flipkart is known for its path-breaking services like Cash-onDelivery, No-Cost-EMI and 10-day replacement policy. Flipkart was the pioneer in offering services like In-a-Day Guarantee (65 cities) and Same-Day-Guarantee (13 cities) at scale. With over 1,20,000 registered sellers, Flipkart has redefined the way brands and MSME’s do business online.
Engineering Managers (EM) lead teams of diverse groups of people who are moving towards realizing Flipkart’s vision. They are responsible for building high-performing teams where each team member feels the impact of their work. They set the direction for the team and support people in their career growth. They ensure that the teams have an inspiring vision for the future. The teams work on a spectrum of products and platforms which power Flipkart. EMs provide technical leadership to identify and define the right component/system abstractions/capabilities for current/future product/platform asks. One of the key responsibilities of a EM is to understand business goals and contribute to product strategy and take accountability for moving key
business metrics. They are also responsible for driving execution using Agile methodologies by removing impediments along the way with the big picture in mind.
The person in this role will be leading key parts of Grocery charter.
Grocery is the largest category in India but online penetration of e-grocery is very low. We at flipkart are committed to make e-grocery accessible to every Indian and help them to get anything they want delivered at home and also get best savings on grocery purchases. We are looking for engineers across levels who can join us and help take e-grocery in India to the next level What you’ll do:
● Build, lead, develop and coach teams of top technical talent
● Drive strategy and vision in collaboration with Product
● Manage diverse stakeholders and drive project execution using agile methodologies
● Build scalable and reliable technology solutions at a rapid pace
● B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech or any other similar qualification with experience as a technology leader and people
manager for at least 10+ years
● Experience of managing teams of size 10 -20 and delivering high-quality projects on time
● Experience with building, developing and coaching teams that have some of the best technical talent in the Industry
● Experience with managing diverse teams and delivering high-quality projects on time
● Deep understanding of technology and architecture in a highly scalable and available setup
● Experience with new open source technologies and their adoption into product development etc.
● Deep understanding of Agile and leveraging Agile to deliver consistent business results.
- People Management, Engineering Management, Technology Leadership, Mentoring, Java