Flipkart is India’s largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 150 million. In the 10 years since we started, Flipkart has come to offer over 100 million products across 120+ categories including Smartphones, Books, Media, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Fashion and Lifestyle.
Launched in October 2007, Flipkart is known for its path-breaking services like Cash-onDelivery, No-Cost-EMI and 10-day replacement policy. Flipkart was the pioneer in offering services like In-a-Day Guarantee (65 cities) and Same-Day-Guarantee (13 cities) at scale. With over 1,20,000 registered sellers, Flipkart has redefined the way brands and MSME’s do business online.
Flipkart’s Android Retail app was the first eCommerce app in India to reach 100 million downloads, with an average user rating of 4.5 from millions of reviews. This requires us to continuously solve challenging unseen problems and build solutions that last. The idea is to build a sustainable system where pages that would consist of components that can be created just by configurations and the App team help build this platform of capability and widgets.
You would be working with the team that helps build this remarkable app and help it scale newer heights. Flipkart is looking for smart people who are passionate about writing code that works flawlessly for the most fragmented platform – Android while making it super performant and ultra-light. You will be working to make the app ultra-light, extremely performant and super intuitive, none of which is an easy task.
Roles & Responsibilities (What you’ll do):
- Design components by translating product requirements, break down projects into tasks and provide accurate estimates. Build scalable and reliable technology solutions at a rapid pace
- Work on native Android as well as React Native tech stack while keeping performance goals in mind
- Independently come up with different solutions, extensible Low level design. Write modular, extensible, readable and performant code
- Build, develop, mentor and coach junior team members
Skills Required (What you’ll need):
- B.E or B.Tech or equivalent with at least 3-year experience and hands on with mobile technologies
- Experience with coding in mobile coding languages like Kotlin
- Ability to resolve problems with support and must understand the mobile ecosystem and its limitations.
- Understand Android Architecture components, strong fundamentals in Android technologies and aware of new Android changes
- Must have performance optimization skills
- Experience with mentoring and coaching team members
- Good to have performance optimization skills – Knowledge of how to optimize and build for limited-resource hardware and build a smooth experience.
- Android Application Development, Kotlin, Java, Android
- React Native
Years Of Exp:
- 2.5 to 5 Years