The Uber for Business Global Solutions Engineering team manages all aspects of our technical relationships with clients around the globe. Our team supports numerous APIs and other technical solutions that are offered our enterprise level business clients. The Solutions Engineering Team are the experts that sit between our Sales, Engineering, Product and other cross functional partner teams working closely with our largest clientele. We’re well versed in the technical details of our solutions and can speak clearly and accurately about them to numerous audience types.
The Sales Engineer role on this team will be focused on partnering with our existing Sales team to offer technical expertise and help sell clients on our suite of API products and other technical solutions that help drive the business. This role will also work with our existing team of Sales Engineers, Partner Engineers, Technical Account Managers, and Support Engineers while getting our clients up and running on the latest technologies Uber has to offer.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Assist prospective customers in understanding how a technical solution may benefit their business operations and objectives
- Demonstrate the business value a technical integration into Uber for Business will have for a prospective client
- Explore technical solutions within a customers existing infrastructure and be able to speak to the possibilities of an integration
- Partner closely with our existing Sales team on strategy and deal terms for our business clients implementing an API solution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, other technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills are a must and will be utilized in communicating technical concepts to both technical and non-technical teams
- Strong business english required
- 4+ years prior experience in a Sales Engineering or similar role required
- Strong understanding of APAC region and how the various countries in that region operate and differ
- Background in representing technical aspects of an integration with legal counterparts
- Prior experience developing products or solutions that utilize APIs and/or other technical solutions
- Gurgaon, India
- Mumbai, India
- Bangalore, India
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.