Flipkart is committed to the cause of transforming commerce in India through our investments in made- in-India technology innovations, customer-centric features and constructs, a diverse category landscape and a world-class supply chain. With a customer base of over 350 million, product coverage of over 150 million across 80+ categories, focus on generating direct and indirect employment and a commitment to empowering generations of entrepreneurs and MSMEs and a sustainable growth strategy – Flipkart is maximising for our customers, stakeholders, and the planet at large!
Flipkart is a part of the Walmart-owned Flipkart Group, which also includes group companies Flipkart Health+, Myntra, and Cleartrip. The Group is also a majority shareholder in PhonePe, one of the leading Payments Apps in India.
- Job Title: Senior Executive (Compliance Store Associate)
- Location: Agra, India
About the role
- We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our License & Permits team as a Senior Executive for our Agra Store.
- The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance with all applicable licenses, permits, and regulations related to our business operations (store operations).
- This position requires a keen understanding of local, state, and federal licensing requirements, as well as excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Research and Analysis:
- Conduct thorough research on local, state, and federal licensing and permit requirements relevant to the store operations
- Stay up-to-date on changes in regulations and licensing procedures.
- Prepare and submit license and permit applications accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with various government agencies to ensure the smooth processing of applications.
- Track the status of applications and follow up as needed to obtain approvals.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of all licenses and permits, including expiration dates and renewal requirements.
- Monitor compliance with licensing and permit conditions and promptly address any issues that may arise.
- Complete and assist with the review of a number of daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports, inspections and audits pertaining to Compliance functions like Environment Health & Safety, Food Safety, Product Safety, Labor and Employment etc.
- Partner with E&C functions and help in driving a culture of Compliance at the stores.
- Conduct store walks and surprise compliance inspections and share observations with the corporate office.
Communication and Liaison:
- Act as the primary point of contact between the company and regulatory authorities.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders to gather necessary information for applications and ensure understanding of compliance requirements.
- Investigate and resolve any compliance issues or discrepancies.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to address and rectify any challenges related to licenses and permits.
- Partner with the training & Awareness team to promote the compliance culture of Safety and integrity to ensure the Store associates adhere to the compliance policies
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all licenses, permits, and related documentation.
- Prepare reports summarizing the status of licenses and permits for management review.
Experience & Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Legal Studies, or a related field.
- 3 to 6 yrs of Proven experience in license and permit management for Stores
- Strong understanding of local, state, and federal regulations.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Candidates from Ecommerce & retail industry background are preferred
- statutory compliance, Licenses and Permits, Licensing, Inspection
Law, MBA, CA
- Compliance, inspection, statutory compliance,
Years Of Exp:
- 3 to 8 Years