Employees will have the freedom to work remotely all through the year. These employees, who form a large majority, will come together in their base location for a week, once every quarter.
ABOUT THE TEAM & ROLE:
- Swiggy’s StoreFront Engineering team helps customers enjoy personalized discovery and purchase experiences across multiple product lines (Food, Instamart, and Dineout). The team is enabling this by developing thoughtfully crafted applications, smart cataloging, recommendation systems, relevance-based search & purpose-built search experiences.
- Senior Principal Software Engineers in Swiggy not only contribute to the high-level architecture of several systems but also will own all phases of the development lifecycle from gathering business requirements, design and modeling, development, deployment, and support. You’ll provide engineering execution excellence, as well as technical vision and direction, to ensure the development team is aligned with the strategy of the company.
- They establish technology vision for respective teams and demonstrate how to solve deeply complex and hard technical challenges, and help communicate that vision upward (CTO), inward (peers and engineering team), and outward (product & business teams).
As a Senior Technical Individual contributor, you will be responsible for
- Building and maintaining reusable SDKs that work across all business lines and varied tech stacks.
- Building server-driven UI widgets which helps in creating UI components on the fly. This should be scalable to support the creation and configuration of widgets for any storefront pages.
- Creating architecture vision for mobile (native, RN) and web (React) teams considering app security, scalability, performance, user experience, and reusability.
- Own the front-end tech for Swiggy, define and champion best practices, coding standards, and architectural guidelines for mobile and web
- Exploring new technologies, tools, and frameworks to enhance mobile and web development capabilities.
- Working closely with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to understand requirements and translate them into scalable technical solutions.
- Owning the CI/CD solution for mobile and web apps. Drive the implementation of rigorous testing methodologies, continuous integration, and automated deployment pipelines to maintain code quality and improve development efficiency.
What will you get to do here?
- Design efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex applications
- Lead by example and are a hands-on Principal Engineer and technical expert building scalable systems with teams doing frontend work across engineering
- Design, build consensus, and contribute to the implementation of libraries, frameworks, and processes that enable frontend development across engineering
- Work with PM, engineering, UX, and other partners to set product vision and define roadmaps and goals spanning multiple organizations or teams
- Deep understanding of modern mobile and web applications design architecture, good API design patterns, performance, security, and scale.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations to ensure optimal user experiences on both mobile and web platforms.
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects across the organization.
- Come up with best practices to help the team achieve their technical tasks and continually thrive in improving the technology of the product/team.
- Decide technology & tool choices for your team. Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you can create.
- Responsible for end-to-end architecture, and high-level design/low-level design of various systems and applications that you are assigned to. You will also be responsible for writing code and deploying these applications to production including operational excellence.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Technically hands-on, prior experience with scalable architecture
- Solid understanding of mobile development using platforms such as iOS (Swift) and/or Android (Kotlin).
- Good understanding of cross-platform technologies like React Native, KMM, etc..
- Experience identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of distributed technologies, real-time systems of high throughput, low latency, and highly scalable systems.
- Experience in building highly complex and immersive experiences.
- Experience with high-performance product lines catering to millions of daily traffic is a plus.
Years of Experience:
- 12-16 yrs