The APAC Product & Commercial team oversees all product related work in the APAC as well as offering key leadership on APAC-wide commercial deals and strategic projects. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic product legal counsel to support the APAC Mobility and Delivery businesses. You will be working with the brightest product managers, engineers and business stakeholders across business lines, countries and teams, to create and maintain the best product experience for users, whilst effectively mitigating risk.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Managing the legal reviews of new products or features for the Mobility and Delivery business across APAC. Provide timely and commercial counsel to your stakeholders and implement timely mitigation strategies to manage legal risk.
- Project manage complex product roll outs and assignments across APAC. Work with local legal teams and specialist legal counsels to represent the region on all things Product related.
- Act as a liaison between different cross functional departments and work collaboratively but decisively to present solutions to the business.
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts, terms, templates and playbooks on various commercial deals and product related initiatives.
- Understand, interpret and apply current laws and regulations as applicable to Uber’s business models in APAC and translate them to a product context.
What the Candidate Will Need
- Relevant post-qualification experience at a reputed law firm or in-house (ideally 8+ years, preferably with in-house experience).
- Ideally, prior product counselling experience in tech and/or all-round experience dealing with a wide range of legal issues and practice areas in India and other APAC regions (for example, consumer protection, litigation, antitrust, privacy, employment).
- Commercially minded, with ability to translate complex legal issues and ambiguity into clear and simple advice for a variety of audiences.
- Comfortable dealing with the unknown and not afraid to think ‘out of the box’. Adept at providing solutions which balance the strategic objective with risk mitigations.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and influence, persuade, and build consensus at an executive level as well as thrive in high impact/high profile situations.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.