We are looking for a Program Specialist to bring efficiency to a nuanced team. Ideation, documentation, deployment, and crafting efficient, scalable systems is your thing. People love working with you because you make everyone’s life easier. Representing the frontline of our driver side of business, you will work closely with cross-functional regional customers (Ops, Legal, Comms, Policy, and City teams) to bring our products and strategy to life in the market.
This is an opportunity to be part of Uber’s IndiaSA CommOps team. In this role, you will get a chance to work with a team that’s responsible for several driver-facing programs.
You will work closely with several partners to make sure that the scope and direction of each project are on schedule, and meeting the objective it was crafted for. You will often be required to authoritatively multitask. We have a small but highly capable and motivated team that drives driver support, onboarding, retention, engagement, & maintaining safety and quality of rides. As a member of this team, you should be comfortable in an “all hands on deck” environment, able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams, be flexible yet adventurous, and thrive in a constantly evolving environment.
What the Candidate Will Need
- You will partner with internal cross-functional collaborators in operations, product, city & central teams, and Policy to get a strong understanding of the project & business challenges & translate them into clear objectives
- Based on insights from Uber’s central marketing/operations teams, adapt, localize, and/or amplify initiatives to align with regional strategy, taking into account local specifics and culture
- Participate in strategic brainstorming, play-test, research development, and creative execution
- Collaborate with third-party vendors for results
- Coordinate with multiple teams for regional and central level projects to be able to supervise, support, and secure on-time project completion which deals with quality and service improvements, creating and improving capabilities, data analytics, migrations, people initiatives, reporting improvements, process standardization as well as keeping track of plans, quality, and timelines for such activities
- Provide estimated work efforts, identify project landmarks, and handle vital resources accordingly, while driving adherence and compliance with deadlines on results as assigned to projects
- Track progress, understand dependencies, communicate status to upper management and project team members, and facilitate and coordinate schedules for meetings either locally or across network sites
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Lead issue partner concerns and provide support to teams balancing going for priorities.
- You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical workday.
- Graduate: Bachelor’s Degree, completed professional qualification or equivalent experience (completion or pursuing a Master’s degree would be an added advantage)
- Experience: 2-4 years experience as a program/project manager/associate in a consumer-facing, management consulting firm, investment banking, internet, FMCG industries
- Teammate: Ability to work with remote teams to develop strategies and feed a cohesive and creative work environment
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, impeccable grammar, and punctuation, and command of English & Hindi language. Ability to express ideas, concepts in writing RFC and SOP documents
What the Candidate Will Do
- Creativity: Conceptual thinker and believes in crafting new insights
- Go-getter attitude: Strong customer leadership skills & comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Prioritization: Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items. Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and running and/or supporting multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Problem Solver: Ability to understand sophisticated concepts and work across multiple functions and teams. Demonstrate initiative, persistence, ability to problem solve, and passion for learning new skills.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.