Global Scaled Solutions (GSS) runs scaled programs for all of Uber’s lines of business (Ridesharing, Eats, Grocery and Freight) and our platform teams. We transform and scale the business globally through groundbreaking tech solutions and on-demand expertise/human intelligence.
We are proud of the journey, building horizontal capabilities and platform solutions for Uber covering a variety of capabilities, ranging from ML ops to localization, testing to risk ops, engg services to data and more. We #SeeTheForestAndTheTrees – building for the long term and building for scale, but we are also in the details and are known for getting things done.
Our team’s mission is to drive Engineering efficiency at Uber by handling diverse engineering engagements and delivering through preferred vendor partners.
About the Role
As a Technical Program Manager for Engineering services in GSS, you will be responsible for scaling operational processes, solve sophisticated technical challenges and be a force multiplier in our team.
This role requires both technology fluency (software life cycle) and experience leading multiple technical programs, handling global rollouts, leveraging vendor partners or third party contractors or consultants.
You will work alongside large multi-functional teams from operations, product, engineering, data science, legal, and policy in a fast-paced, hybrid technology /operations /business environment.
What you will do
- Collaborate with key partners for scoping and prioritizing development activities based on the business impact/ team OKRs.
- Coordinating activities across teams for timely releases and supervise progress against target for all your engagements.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the tech stack and support needs of various engineering and product partners.
- Manage timelines, deadlines, feature sets, risks, change requests, releases, and track project budget and financial metrics.
- Status reporting across senior management and multi-functional teams.
- Establish standard methodologies across similar work streams such that they are reusable.
- Identify tool/process opportunities and influence development teams to deliver enhanced functionality.
- Establish measurement metrics and methods for tracking work efficiency, utilisation, and quality.
- 4-7 years experience as a TPM/PM in a tech and/or start up environment working directly with software engineers.
- 3+ years of hands-on software development/management experience, preferably open source environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding emotional intelligence.
- Good exposure to Agile software development process. Experienced in working with global teams.
- Ability to manage numerous projects across vendor engineering teams.
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a strong bias for action.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when implementing engineering solution and solving problems.
- Technically savvy and able to ramp up on new technologies quickly.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.